Kent State University Homecoming Court 2014
Thank you for your interest in this year’s Homecoming Court at Kent State University! Please carefully read the instructions, important dates, nomination and application requirements.
Monday, August 11 - Application available
Monday, September 15 - Application due online by 5 p.m.
Wednesday September 17 - Candidates are notified if they qualify for a Homecoming Court interview
Friday, September 19 - Candidates must sign up for an interview time by 5 p.m.
September 22-25 - Homecoming Court candidate interviews
Thursday, September 25 - Homecoming Court announced
Friday, September 26 - Homecoming Court meeting and photographs at 8 a.m.
October 6-10 - Homecoming Court philanthropy project
Sunday, October 12 - Homecoming court meeting at 5 p.m.
October 13-17 - Homecoming Week activities
Wednesday, October 15 - Voting opens at midnight
Friday, October 17 - Voting closes at noon
Saturday, October 18 - Homecoming game at 3:30 p.m., Homecoming King and Queen announced at halftime
If you would like to apply for Homecoming Court, you must meet the following criteria
• Be an undergraduate student enrolled at the Kent campus
• Have attended four consecutive semesters prior to the current term (fall 2014)
• Have above a 2.75 cumulative GPA
• Have 90 credit hours or more
• Not a previous member of Homecoming Court
• Not on probation or semester warning
All materials must be submitted online by Monday, September 15 at 5 p.m.
• Sponsorship/nomination letter from a sponsoring organization, residence hall, athletic team, department, or university office. This is similar to a recommendation letter and must be written by an advisor and/or Kent State University faculty or staff member.
• Résumé reflecting campus and community involvement, leadership experience, and community service experience.
• One page, double-spaced essay answering: what has your Kent State University experience meant to you
To begin your application process, please visit: http://solutions.kent.edu/VotingApplication/Homecoming/Apply.aspx.
If you start your application and would like to finish at a later time, please follow these instructions:
1. Visit http://solutions.kent.edu/KSUApply/Login.aspx
2. Log in using your Flashline username and password
3. Click “View your Current Application” located in the top left corner
4. Click “Details” located below your application status
5. Click “View your Application”
6. Click “Edit this Application”
7. From this point, you will be able to upload documents and make any necessary changes
Please use the Frequently Asked Questions PDF or contact the Alumni Association office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-KENT.