Kent State University Homecoming Court 2015
Thank you for your interest in this year’s Homecoming Court at Kent State University! Please carefully read the instructions, important dates, nomination and application requirements.
Monday, August 10 - Application available
Monday, September 7 - Applications are due online at 5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 9 - Candidates notified if they qualify for Homecoming Court interview
Wednesday, September 9 - Queen and King candidates begin to select interview times online
Friday, September 11 - Deadline for candidates to select interview times online
Monday, September 14 - Homecoming Court candidate interviews
Tuesday, September 15 - Homecoming Court candidate interviews
Wednesday, September 16 - Homecoming Court candidate interviews
Thursday, September 17 - Homecoming Court announced
Friday, September 18 - Homecoming Court meeting and photographs, 8 a.m.
M-F, Sept. 28-Oct. 2 - Homecoming week activities
Wednesday, September 30 - Homecoming Court voting begins at midnight
Friday, October 2 - Homecoming Court voting ends at noon
Saturday, October 3 - Homecoming King and Queen announced
If you would like to apply for Homecoming Court, you must meet the following criteria
• Be an undergraduate student enrolled at the Kent campus
• Have attended four consecutive semesters prior to the current term (fall 2015)
• Have above a 2.25 cumulative GPA
• Have 90 credit hours or more
• Not a previous member of Homecoming Court
• Not on probation or semester warning
All materials must be submitted online by Monday, September 7 at 5 p.m.
• Sponsorship/nomination letter from a sponsoring organization, residence hall, athletic team, department, or university office. This is similar to a recommendation letter and must be written by an advisor and/or Kent State University faculty or staff member.
• Résumé reflecting campus and community involvement, leadership experience, and community service experience.
• One page, double-spaced essay answering: what has your Kent State University experience meant to you
To begin your application process, please visit: http://solutions.kent.edu/VotingApplication/Homecoming/Apply.aspx.
If you start your application and would like to finish at a later time, please follow these instructions:
1. Visit http://solutions.kent.edu/KSUApply/Login.aspx
2. Log in using your Flashline username and password
3. Click “View your Current Application” located in the top left corner
4. Click “Details” located below your application status
5. Click “View your Application”
6. Click “Edit this Application”
7. From this point, you will be able to upload documents and make any necessary changes
Please use the Frequently Asked Questions PDF or contact the Alumni Association office at email@example.com or 330-672-KENT.